The health and safety of our patients and staff remains our top priority. Throughout this crisis we have been following guidance issued by our professional body, The British Chiropractic Association, we are also following guidance from NHS Kernow and public health England.
We are currently operating with reduced staff and on reduced hours but we are seeing (face to face) all patients who feel that they need treatment while following some strict protocols set out below.
These protocols are important as they are there to keep you and us safe.
Things will be a bit different to how they were before, below are a few of the procedures that you may expect.
- You must not attend for an appointment if you have any symptoms of Covid 19 or if you have been in close contact with anyone who has symptoms of Covid 19. We will be sending you screening email on the day of your appointment that you must complete before attending.
- For the sake of the smooth running of the clinic and to maintain high infection control standards- if you have a common cold, even if you are sure its not covid, it would be better to rearrange your appointment.
- We no longer require all new routine NHS patients to have a Telehealth appointment before attending clinic for treatment You may wish to have a Telehealth appointment first and thats fine, we are happy to accommodate individual needs.
- We would rather not handle cash so please be prepared to either pay online or use a card to pay. We will send an invoice prior to your appointment. (Not applicable to patients referred under the AQP scheme)
- We will be limiting access to clinic to two patients at a time so please do not arrive early as you will have to either wait outside or in your car.
- No friends and family will be able to accompany you to your appointment.
- Please use hand gel when you enter.
- You must wear a face covering while in the clinic and during treatment.
- You may wish to bring a clean spare set of comfortable clothes with you for your appointment – you will be given the opportunity to change
We advise our patients to follow the Public Health England (PHE) guidance regarding Covid-19.
Please also refer to the PHE guidance if you have any questions about when or whether you should be limiting social interactions or self isolating.(https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus- covid-19-information-for-the-public)
To read the full advice, guidance and information please follow this link: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
What we are doing to ensure that you are safe when you visit us
All of our staff are fully updated and we follow these procedures as a matter of course:
- We have hand sanitisers in reception and in every treatment room, we encourage you to use them especially when you enter and before you leave.
- We will be wearing face mask gloves and an apron.
- We change into clinic clothes (scrubs or similar) before a shift starts and change into normal clothes before we leave. All laundry is placed into a laundry bag which then goes directly into the washing machine to be washed at 60C with detergent.
- We have paper towels in the bathroom – please use to dry your hands and discard in the bin.
- We have several tissue boxes available throughout the clinic, please use a tissue if you do need to sneeze (some people just have cold!) and bin it immediately.
- We have air purifiers in Reception and the treatment rooms.
- Hand washing: our therapists wash their hands with soap before and after all procedures. They also use hand sanitisers.
- Broken skin is covered with a waterproof dressing.
- Bench Cleaning – after each treatment per patient, the treatment table is cleaned with a spray that is effective against viruses as well as bacteria.
- Cleaning reception: our staff don’t want Covid 19 any more than you do! We are regularly cleaning all surfaces that may contacted by patients including seat handles and card payment machines. We advise that you use hand sanitiser as you enter and as you leave.
- Each treatment room has the above equipment in stock and ready to hand.
- All online bookings now require payment in full in an effort to reduce the risk of contamination when paying for treatment.
Please be assured that we are keeping up to date with all developments and advice from both the Government and Public Health England and will continue to take the necessary precautions.
Covid 19 Pregnancy and Paediatrics
This is a great resource for pregnant ladies who may be worried about Covid 19 The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecology